What is Udo’s Oil?
What the heck is Udo’s Oil? First introduced by Udo Erasmus, Udo’s Oil is a blend of Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s) which are extremely beneficial to the human body. These are omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids found in high fat, cold-water fish, flax seeds, leafy green vegetables, sunflower seeds and much more.
But just because these fatty acids are proclaimed as “healthy” doesn’t mean that you should consume as much of these foods as possible. It’s all about keeping a healthy ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids. Today, people aren’t eating enough of the foods that contain omega-3. Instead, we’re eating too much omega-6 rich foods, which throws off the ratio. This is where Udo’s Oil comes into play.
Udo’s Oil takes out all the guesswork of consuming the right ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids. It contains a 2:1 ratio of omega-3 and omega-6. Omega-3’s are responsible for combating twice the amount of diseases than omega-6’s.
Why Do We Need EFA’s?
Udo says EFA’s are important “because the body must have them to survive, but cannot synthesize them from any other substance we eat.” Essential Fatty Acids are harder to consume now more than ever. All the processes foods go through (refining, bleaching, overheating and partial hydrogenation) damage the EFA’s contained in the foods.
What Are the Benefits of EFA’s?
Essential Fatty Acids found in Udo’s Oil assist the body in many functions. Having the correct ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids helps the body be more efficient. Here are the top 6 benefits of Essential Fatty Acids (for a complete list, visit here):
- Increased Energy, Performance and Stamina: No more 5-Hour Energy shots during the day (not that you’re taking them anyway…right!?). According to Udo, “EFA’s enhance thermogenesis, help build muscle, prevent muscle break down and speed up recovery from fatigue.”
- Aid in Weight Loss: Woohoo, skinny jeans! “EFA’s help keep mood and energy up and suppress appetite. They also block the genes that produce fat in the body and increase thermogenesis.”
- Strengthen Immune System: Say “goodbye” to flu season! “EFA’s make hormone-like eicosanoids that regulate immune and inflammatory responses. Omega-3s have anti-inflammatory effects and can slow autoimmune damage.”
- Improves Mood, Intelligence, Behavior and Vision: If you’re happy and you know it…eat Udo’s Oil! “Our brains are over 60% fat so they need fat to thrive. EFA’s are important components of the entire nervous system. They are necessary to make the neurotransmitter serotonin. Depression and other brain diseases show decreased levels of omega-3.”
- Keeps your Bones Strong: Sticks and stones won’t break these bones…“EFA’s aid in the transport of minerals that keep bones and teeth strong which helps in preventing osteoporosis.”
- Produce Healthy Skin, Hair and Nails: Hello, beautiful! “Some of the first signs of EFA deficient are dry, flaky skin, dull hair and brittle nails. Omega-3s can help skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and acne.”
As always, Hitch Fit wants what’s best for you and your body. Now that you know all about Udo’s Oil and Essential Fatty Acids, it’s time to feed your body well. Since you know the who, what, why and how behind Udo’s Oil, here’s the where. Check it out!essential fatty acids, healthy fats, increase energy, nutrition program, omega 3, omega 6, Udo's Oil